Do we pay extra for electricity and gas
There is no charge for electricity or gas; it’s all included in the price; there are no hidden extras.
High quality bed linen, towels and a bath mat are provided and the beds are made up ready for your arrival.
Haddocks’ Rest has unlimited BT Infinity fibre-optic wifi.
From 1st April to 30th September you can use a car parking permit for one car which allows to use Quickwell Hill car park which is meters away from the cottage. It costs £3.00 for a day if you have additional cars. You can load and unload outside the house and also park there, outside of restriction times, from 6 pm to 8 am. The permit also allows you to park at some other car parks in St Davids and also some of the beaches in Pembrokeshire (but unfortunately not the Whitesands Bay car park!). You can park directly outside the cottage for the rest of the year.
Can you please tell me if Haddocks’ Rest is available for the dates I want?
Our website is live so you can be sure that if the property is showing as being available (green cells on the calendar view) then it is indeed free to be booked.
How do I book?
Once you have selected the property you would like to stay at, click ‘Availability & Booking’, select the day you would like to arrive and follow the instructions.
How much deposit do you require and when do you take the balance payment?
To secure the booking we need a deposit of 30% of the total cost of the booking within 7 days of the booking being confirmed with the balance being due 8 weeks prior to arrival.
What happens if I can’t get into the cottage on arrival?
After you’ve paid your balance or paid for your holiday in full, and about 10 days before your holiday we’ll send the arrival instructions to you. It is really important that you make sure you print off and take your arrival instructions with you as these have the location of keys and emergency contact numbers.
It says change over day is a Saturday. Can I arrive on the Friday?
We need to have a specific arrival and departure day during the main season, so the housekeeper can make sure the property is at its best for your arrival. In the winter we may be able to vary the arrival dates.
It says not to arrive before 3 pm. Can I arrive earlier than this?
The cottage may not be ready before 3.00 pm so we cannot guarantee any early entry, but you can call us on the day of arrival to see if this is possible. Equally departure is by 10.00 am so we can get the property ready for the next guests due into the property.
Unfortunately we need to change the dates of our holiday. How can we do this?
You are more than welcome to change the dates of your holiday if the property is available on different dates, please send us an email. There is a £20.00 admin fee payable on confirmation of your booking, for any changes in dates.
Do I need to bring my own linen with me if a cot is provided?
Yes please! We provide a cot or travel cot, but please do bring your own bedding and linen etc.
What is there to do in and around St Davids?
There is loads to do at any time of year in this part of Pembrokeshire. When you have explored St Davids historic city (yes – it is the smallest city in Britain!), why not visit the beautiful nearby beaches, or walk the scenic coast paths. If you feel like venturing further afield, there are the small market towns of Haverfordwest and Fishguard to explore, as well as many other small towns and villages within easy driving distance.
Which beaches are dog friendly and when?
Most of the beaches (e.g. Caerfai, Porth Clais, Abereiddy) are dog friendly all year but, oddly for such a big beach, Whitesands has restrictions from 1 May to 30 September…
How much is it to bring my dog on holiday?
We welcome dogs (no more than two, please) but need to charge £15 per dog per week to cover the added maintenance.
What are the house rules for dogs?
Please don’t let your dogs onto the furniture and please don’t leave your dogs alone in the cottage.
Can I bring any other pets on holiday?
Dogs are the only pets allowed at the cottage.
Do the nearby pubs allow dogs in?
Both the Farmers’ Arms and The Bishops allow dogs in the bar area.
We aren’t driving so is there a good bus service or shuttle?
In summer hop on the Celtic Coaster (which stops on Nun Street which is the road the cottage is on). You can get all round St Davids and the surrounding area and beaches: Porth Clais, St Justinians, and Whitesands and they’re every half hour.
Haddocks Rest, 29 Nun Street, St. Davids. Pembrokeshire. SA62 6NT
The access statement below has been provided for your information. If you have any queries please don’t hesitate to contact Clive or Jill Shepherd on 07947 023371 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Haddocks Rest is a pretty stone terraced cottage completely refurbished and modernized to make a welcome home for holidays.
- The cottage is in the centre of St.Davids within walking distance to shops, pubs, restaurants and other facilities.
- Well-lit street with car parking outside the cottage at certain times. Otherwise “Pay & Display” car park 50 metres with disabled car parking spaces.
- Drop off point for coaches at top of street.
- Public minibus – frequent return service to local beaches.
- Public telephone kiosk 100 metres in square. Average mobile phone reception.
- Entrance to the cottage is flush with pavement. The doorway is 890 mm wide.
- Open plan sitting room/dining area and kitchen.
- “Seagrass” floor covering.
- Sitting area with 3 seater sofa and 2 arm chairs.
- Digital T.V., DVD player (both with remote control) and Radio.
- Lighting is adequate throughout.
- Kitchen entrance is 700 mm wide. Worktop height is 920 mm. Power point height is 1100 mm above floor level.
- There is access to the rear garden from the sitting room. The back door width is 840 mm and there are three steps down into the rear patio garden (with handrail), which is paved for the most part. The maximum step height is 230mm.
- There is a further small step down of 200 mm to a picnic table and a lawned area.
- There is no outside light.
- Two bedrooms and one bathroom approached via 2 flights of stairs. (3 stairs on the first, followed by 10 stairs on the second; the banister is on the left hand side.)
- The floor is carpeted.
- The bathroom has a 720 mm door width and the bath height is 590 mm. The lavatory height is 420 mm. and the wash-hand basin height is 800 mm. There is cushion lino flooring in the bathroom.
- One bedroom has a double bed; the second has two single beds.
- Feather pillows and duvets are provided with pure cotton bed linen.
- There are light switches at a height of 1400 mm.
- The power points are at an average height of 400 mm.
- The internal door opening width is 720 mm.
- There is full gas central heating.
- Dogs are welcome (but no more than two and small extra cost applies. Assistance dogs are free).
- Telephone numbers for local doctor, vet, taxis etc are located within an information file.